Can I move to Australia without a job in 2022?
Posted on November 23, 2021
Yes, you will be able to migrate to Australia without having a job in 2022. But moving to Australia with a job in hand, earns you bonus points and improves your profile’s score in the point-based Australian Immigration System, increasing your chances of obtaining permanent residency in Australia.
You can migrate to Australia without a job in 2022. The Australian government provides a variety of visa choices based on your eligibility criteria for relocating to Australia.
The eligibility of immigration applications in Australia is determined using a points-based system. To be considered, you must first have the required eligibility points, which is a score of 65 or higher on a scale of 100. The scoring criteria are listed in the table below:
|Age (25-33 years)||30 points|
|English proficiency (8 bands)||20 points|
|Work Experience outside Australia (8-10 years) |
Work Experience in Australia (8-10 years)
|15 points |
|Education (outside Australia) |
|Niche skills such as Doctorate or master’s degree in Australia||5 points|
|Study in a regional area |
Accredited in community language
Professional year in a skilled program in Australia
State sponsorship (190 visa)
|5 points |
Check your eligibility: Australia Immigration Points Calculator
Visa options to migrate without a job offer
For persons who are well-educated, highly skilled, and can contribute to the Australian economy, Australia offers a variety of immigration options.
Subclass 189 visa
The Skill Independent Visa Subclass 189 program does not require a work offer or sponsorship from an Australian territory or employer. This program assesses your credentials, including your age, education, employment experience, talents, language competence, and so on. The candidate receives points for these qualifications and is nominated as a result.
- Minimum score of 6 points in the IELTS language test
- Obtain a skill evaluation certificate from a valid authority
- Have experience in one of the SOL listed vocations before choosing one occupation
- Submit an expression of interest (EOI) to skill-select, which will handle your immigration
- Submit an Expression of Interest
- Apply within 60 days of receiving an invitation to apply
Subclass 190 visa
If you are nominated by an Australian state or territory, you are eligible for this visa. This visa has the same benefits as the Skilled Independent visa (Subclass 189).
Except for having expertise in a nominated occupation on the Skilled Occupations List, the application conditions are the same.
Candidates must select an occupation from the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL) and submit their profiles together with the required papers. Their skills must be relevant to the eligible skilled vocations in demand in that region of Australia.
- Select a CSOL occupation that suits your skill set (Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List)
- Fill out an EOI (Express of Interest) form and send it to the Australian Immigration Department.
- After receiving an invitation to apply, submit your application together with the required documentation.
- Get a IELTS language test score of at least 6
- Get a minimum score of 65 in the points test
- You will also need a health certificate and a police clearance certificate to show that you’re fit to immigrate.
Family sponsorship program
Under this program, you can move to Australia without a job if you have a family member who is a Permanent Resident or a citizen of Australia. You can utilize this option if your spouse, parent, sibling, or other close relative is willing to sponsor your PR visa.
Business Innovation and Investment Program
International entrepreneurs, top executives, and investors can use the Australian business visa program to start new businesses or develop existing ones in Australia. This could potentially be a way to get permanent residency and also move to Australia without a job in 2022.
Distinguished Talent visa
The Distinguished Talent visa is for people who have contributed significantly to the arts, sports, research, or academic disciplines through their work. The visa has two subclasses: Subclass 858 and Subclass 124.
- You must have a record of having exceptional and outstanding achievement and must have international recognition in any profession, art, sport, research field or academics.
- Your contribution which can be either economic, social, cultural etc. should contribute to the country or benefit the Australian community.
- You must demonstrate that you are competent to establish yourself in Australia or can find work related to your filed in Australia. However, income from a source outside your field will not be considered even if it is part of your overall income.
- You must have the qualifications or awards from internationally recognized institutions and provide evidence that you are still prominent in your field.
- You must have skills in functional English.
- You must meet the health and character requirements.
Global talent program
The Global Talent program allows highly qualified and talented people from around the world to work and live permanently in Australia.
GTI was established with the purpose of attracting skilled migrants to Australia belonging to the in-demand professions of the future. Highly qualified migrants in specified industries will have their permanent visa applications processed on a priority basis.
- Applicants must be highly qualified in their field and have no difficulties finding work in Australia.
- Applicants must demonstrate that they have achieved international recognition for their achievements and that they will use their expertise to serve Australia if they are chosen through GTI.
- Applicants must have a history of substantial professional achievements, such as patents, international publications, articles, professional awards, and served in top management positions.
- Applicants do not require a job offer for this program.
Benefits of the Global Talent visa
- Access to roles that do not appear in the occupation lists
- Facility to negotiate terms different from requirements of the TSS visa
- Priority to processing of applications
- No age restrictions on the visa
- Value for emerging technologies such as quantum computing, artificial intelligence, and virtual reality
Outlook for different visa options
Every year, the Australian government sets migration planning levels and a cap on the number of slots available under each migration program. The following table shows the number of places awarded to each migration program in the years 2021-2022:
|Skilled Stream category||2021-22 Planning Levels|
|Employer Sponsored (Employer Nomination Scheme)||22,000|
|State/Territory (Skilled Nominated permanent)||11,200|
|Regional (Skilled employer sponsored/skilled work regional)||11,200|
|Business Innovation and Investment Program||13,500|
|Global Talent Program||15,000|
|Family Stream Category||2021-22 Planning Levels|
|Child & Special Eligibility||3,100|
According to the Australian government’s immigration plan, the Skilled Stream category, which has a total of 79,600 immigration places, will receive the most places. The Family Stream is not far behind with 77,300 places. The Business Innovation program with 13,500 places and the Global Talent program with 15,000 also hold potential for those wishing to migrate here without a job in 2022.
You can choose any of these streams to migrate to Australia but you must meet the eligibility standards to succeed.