Study fashion design in Canada’s top institutes
Posted on January 30, 2020
Top 5 institutes in Canada to study fashion design
If fashion is your passion, then you should consider a career in the field. Why not kickstart your career by studying for a fashion degree in Canada. The country has some of the best institutes. Apart from this, the fees are quite affordable. Here is a list of the top 5 institutes in Canada for fashion design studies.
- GEORGE BROWN COLLEGE
Located in Toronto, this college offers courses in:
- Fashion techniques and design
- Fashion management
- Fashion business Industry
- International Fashion Development and Management Program
The course duration is 1 year for the International Fashion Development and two years for the rest of the programs.
$3,498.00 – International Fashion Development program
$7000 – $7300 for the other programs.
- RYERSON UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF FASHION
Located in Toronto, this college offers:
- Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design or Fashion Communication)
- Master of Art Course
The course duration is four years for the Bachelor of Design (Fashion Design or Fashion Communication) and two years for the Master of Art course.
$27462- Bachelors course
$30707- Master of Art Course
3. COCO FASHION DESIGN INSTITUTE
Located in Toronto, this institute offers the following courses:
- Patternmaking and Garment Construction Certificate
- Diploma course in Makeup Artistry and Pattern Development for Fashion Design
The duration is one year for these courses.
- $4000- Pattern Development for Fashion Design Diploma
- $4500- Patternmaking and Garment Construction Certificate
- $975-Makeup Artistry Course
4.RICHARD ROBINSON FASHION DESIGN ACADEMY
Located in Ottawa, this institute offers the following programs:
- Fashion Designer
- Couturier programs
- Part-time courses in fashion related subjects
The course duration is 2 years for the full-time programs and 4 months for part-time courses.
$12,000- Fashion Designer program
$6500- Couturier program
$295 to $1000- Part-time courses
- LASALLE COLLEGE
Located in Montreal, the institute offers the following courses:
- Fashion Design
- Fashion Marketing program
The course duration for both these courses is 3 years. There is also an option to finish the course in 2 years by choosing the intensive option.
$42108-Fashion Design program
$40272 -Fashion Marketing program
$28964- Intensive Fashion Design program
$27704 – Intensive Fashion Marketing program
Canada can be your study destination for fashion design. The country offers a wide variety of options in terms of colleges, choice of courses and tuition fees. The country also offers post-study work options for international students. The Post-Graduation Work Permit program or the PGWP allows international students who have studied in Canada to work for up to three years after their studies. They can later be retained in Canada as skilled workers.